Differential Time Domain Reflectometer DTDR-65
Overview & Features
- 2 differential step generators
- 2 real-thru sampling modules
- TDR Step rise time < 65ps (10%-90%)
- TDR step amplitudes: Uout = 150mV (@50Ohm)
- Analog input bandwidth ≈ 10GHz
- Extremely low jitter < 500fs
- Channel-to-channel skew < 2.5ps
- Fully integrated ESD protection module (optional)
- Lab- & outdoor applications (IP55)
- Dimensions 221x210x74mm3, weight 2800g
- High temperature stability from 0°C to 40°C
- No external components
- USB-, Ethernet-, Bluetooth-, RS232-interfaces
(further interfaces upon request)
- Further accessories you find here
Outstanding Temperature Stability & Jitter-Performance
The Sequid DTDR-65 is optimized for an extremely stable operation. Due to sophisticated time base generation techniques in combination with proprietary correction algorithms the DTDR-65 (see also STDR-65) features a vertical and horizontal stability, which is usually reserved for the high-price segment: the random jitter is Jrms<500fs and the amplitude noise below Vrms<500µV. Furthermore, the DTDR-65 grants this stability over a wide temperature range without the need for recurring calibrations, making it absolutely unique.
Laboratory & Outdoor
The STDR/DTDR-65 family was designed to match the demands of laboratory as well as of outdoor applications. Its periphery - as display & control elements - are intentionally reduced to a minimum and featuring a high International Protection Class (IP-Class) of IP55 which, in turn, is the basis for operation under rough environmental conditions. Of course, the DTDR-65 also unfolds its full performance in indoor use and fits with its compact form factor into your laboratory environment.
Software & Plug-ins
Beyond the traditional TDR technique the DTDR-65 provides further functionalities (available as software modules) as e.g. differential impedance measurements, fault detection & localization, dielectric constant of prepregs & cores, scattering parameter measurements (S11) and dielectric measurements (εr — see also dielectric spectroscopy page) up to the GHz frequency range. Thus the DTDR-65 can be used in a wide variety of applications.
The following software modules are available for the DTDR-65:
- Spatial differential impedance control (incl. standard DTDR)
- Spatial single-ended impedance control (incl. standard TDR)
- Fault detection & localization*
- Single-ended transmission measurements (TDT)
- Measurement of dielectric constant of prepregs & cores
- Frequency dependent measurement of dielectric constant of prepregs & cores (10MHz to 5GHz)
- S11-scattering parameter measurements (magnitude, phase, Smith-Chart)
- Complex permittivity measurements (real, imaginary, Cole-Cole)
*Further information about the topic automated fault detection & localization you obtain from the Sequid high frequency experts. Please contact us directly, we will be pleased to assist you.
Interfaces & Libraries
To support automatic measurements in the lab and in an industrial environment, Sequid offers extensive software support. In addition to the standard delivered graphical user software to perform measurement series and to control the instrument, specially adapted software libraries are provided upon request, enabling the user to integrate the DTDR-65 completely in existing test setups within the accustomed software environment.
Fields of Application
- Differential line impedance measurement (PCB's, cables, connectors)
- Differential and single-ended TDR applications
- Fault detection & localization
- εr-measurement of prepregs & cores
- Moisture measurement
- Testing of electrical connections
- Differential & single-ended scattering parameter measurements (S11)
- Dielectric spectroscopy
- Differential & single-ended TDR-Probes (industrial & high-precision)
- High-precision phase-matched SMA cables
- Open, short, & load calibration standards
- Open ended coaxial line sensor SDM-10G
Further information about TDR, impedance control, fault detection, & localization and dielectric spectroscopy can be found in our download area.