Stability Time Domain Reflectometer STDR-65
Overview & Features
- Integrated high precision step generator
- Real-thru sampling modules
- TDR Step rise time < 65ps (10%-90%)
- TDR step amplitude: Uout = 150mV (@50Ohm)
- Analog input bandwidth ≈ 10GHz
- Extremely low jitter < 500fs
- Fully integrated ESD protection module (optional)
- Lab- & outdoor applications (IP55)
- Dimensions 221x210x74mm3, weight 2800g
- High temperature stability from 0°C to 40°C
- No external components
(further interfaces upon request)
- Further accessories you find here
Outstanding Temperature Stability & Jitter-Performance
The Sequid STDR-65 is optimized for an extremely stable operation. Due to sophisticated time base generation techniques in combination with proprietary correction algorithms the STDR-65 (see also DTDR-65) features a vertical and horizontal stability, which is usually reserved for the high-price segment: the random jitter is Jrms<500fs and the amplitude noise Vrms<500µV. Furthermore, the STDR-65 grants this stability over a wide temperature range without the need for recurring calibrations, making it absolutely unique.
Laboratory & Outdoor
The STDR-65 was designed to match the demands for laboratory as well as of outdoor applications. Its periphery - as display & control elements - are intentionally reduced to a minimum and featuring a high International Protection Class (IP-Class) of IP55 which, in turn, is the basis for operation. Of course, the STDR-65 also unfolds its full performance in indoor use and also fits with its compact form factor into your laboratory environment.
Software & Plug-ins
Beyond the traditional TDR technique the STDR-65 provides further functionalities as e.g. impedance control, fault detection & localization, S-parameter measurements (S11), and dielectric measurements (εr — see also dielectric spectroscopy page) up to the GHz frequency range. Thus the STDR-65 can be used in a wide variety of applications. See our software section for further information.
The following software modules are available for the DTDR-65:
- Spatial single-ended impedance control (incl. standard TDR)
- Fault detection & localization*
- Measurement of dielectric constant of prepregs & cores
- Frequency dependent measurement of dielectric constant of prepregs & cores (10MHz to 5GHz)
- S11-scattering parameter measurements (magnitude, phase, Smith-Chart)
- Complex permittivity measurements (real, imaginary, Cole-Cole)
*Further information about the topic automated fault detection & localization can be obtained from the Sequid high frequency experts. Please contact us directly, we will be pleased to assist you.
Interfaces & Libraries
To support automatic measurements in the lab and in an industrial environment, Sequid offers extensive software support. In addition to the standard delivered graphical user software to perform measurement series and to control the instrument, specially adapted software libraries can be provided on request, enabling the user to integrate the DTDR-65 completely in existing test setups within the accustomed software environment.
Fields of Application
- Line impedance measurement (PCB's, cables, connectors)
- Traditional TDR applications
- Fault detection & localization
- εr-measurement of prepregs & cores
- Moisture measurement
- Testing of electrical connections
- Scattering parameters measurements (S11)
- Dielectric spectroscopy
- Single-ended TDR-Probes (industrial & high-precision)
- High-precision SMA cables
- Open, short & load calibration standards
- Open ended coaxial line sensor SDM-10G
Further Information about TDR, impedance control, fault detection & localization, and dielectric spectroscopy you will find in our download area.